Wednesday 24 September 2014

Humanity

i find it rather upsetting how little people want to know, not know but want to know. i remember grade 9 history i did a project on holocaust denialism and i still to today find it very upsetting on how that is seen as PREPOSTEROUS however denying the African genocide is not.
Rewind to two days ago when  i looked this women in the eye while she told me that " apartheid was everyone's fault even the blacks, it was a large mis-communication and they stole cattle from the dutch who had already been oppressed by the British"my first thought was please bring the proof of the cattle they brought from the Nederlands here first but on reflection i found this so upsetting ( and yes my continous use of that word is deliberate) that i went to the bathroom and shed tears. How melodramatic of me. 10 minutes later this same woman continued on about how someone people in her family died in Auschwitz and she wasn't too found of German people. PREPOSTEROUS. how could you look me in the eyes and tell me that my great great grandma being brought as a slave from  malaysia was her fault but i however must reconcile and turn around and admit to not having done the same. Bigotry at it finest,
When writing about race and racism i always try to be neutral not offensive i try not to be an angry black woman. But never in my life have i been so insulted. this obviously senile woman reprimanded me after i gave her my ; you're speaking kak face. its just sick that this person completely dismisses everyones humanity but her own.
one day when i tell my children about this i will be sure to instill that in them, many people have suffered and you must respect that suffering learn from it and about it and try your absolute hardest not to become a patronizing twat.

No comments:

Post a Comment